I'm a UI/UX Designer & Usability Analyst residing in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I live for sensible interfaces with a creative flair.
Versatile and creative Information Technology professional with a seventeen-year track record of
performance in combining multifunctional experience in information architecture, usability,
interaction design, accessibility, and front-end programming.
UX Consultant AustinCSI
March 2014 - Present
- Awards: Have consistently received positive feedback on each project I have designed and have been awarded monetarily for my work.
- Usability Training – Conducted classes and created documentation on various usability methodologies including usability testing and heuristic evaluations.
UX Research Analyst AT&T (KForce)
March 2013 - November 2013
- Formative and Summative Usability Testing – Wireframe and production testing identified changes in the interaction, layout and text; increased customer satisfaction and efficiency in ordering services
- Contextual Inquiries – Onsite visits with customers changed AT&T perception and assumptions about how customers interact with the portal and what they need from the site
- Heuristic Evaluations – Using heuristics, review wireframes and prototypes quickly to gather changes needed for sprints
UX Consultant Slalom Consulting
February 2012 - May 2013
- Interstate Batteries Public Website – Conducted a heuristic evaluation of ibsa.com identifying the major areas of improvement needed for customer satisfaction and usability.
- Sally Beauty Intranet – Introduced and created personas of all Sally employees to help guide the design process of their new intranet.
- Design Workshop – Conducted a gamification workshop with Sally employees to give Slalom direction of user needs and desires.
UX Lead ThinkFinance
November 2011 - February 2012
Senior UX Designer Sabre
October 2010 - November 2011
BS - Information Systems Technology University of Houston
August 1996 - May 2000
GPA 3.9 - Summa cum Laude
Minor in Graphic Communications Technology; Dean’s List (4 years), Delphian Society (Awarded Delphian of the Year for 4.0 GPA), Golden Key and Alpha Lambda Delta Phi Eta Sigma Honor Societies, Student Speaker and Banner Bearer for College of Technology Convocation
Served as a Technology Instructor and Computer Lab Assistant
Crystal and I worked together on a website portal with various tools for resellers. She is a great source of UI design and workflow ideas. When working with her at AT&T, she would carefully listen to and evaluate a problem, and then recommend a solution (or various possible solutions) to a design/workflow issue. She has great rapport with users and conducts usability tests and reviews to evaluate UI design/workflow. In addition, she comes up with good recommendations, etc., based on the usability evaluation results.
Vicki Levett Usability Research Analyst
Crystal fulfilled her mission of upgrading our website by a combination of analysis of the old site, obtaining objectives for the new site (from sales and marketing), then designing the upgraded site that was easy to navigate AND contained key tags obtained from Marketing so our potential customers could find our site as they searched the Internet. Very professional included testing to make sure everything worked. Crystal will be an asset to any group requiring an effective web presentation.
Art Hawkins Team Manager
Crystal is a very creative graphic artist, that can work wonders with a website layout. On several occasions, Crystal was able to take vague requirements and a short timeline and generate an outstanding product.
Mark Vaughn Manager